I decided to go ahead with a list of re-zine-lutions anyway, as ideas are coming and going through my head and if I don’t write them down, they might be doing more “going” than “coming” and never come back. Some of these already appear in my previous post, and also in my diary, but yeah, I want them all together in here.
So this is what I hope to accomplish this year somewhere in between Load of Laundry One and Load of Laundry Two.
- Write and publish a new issue of Purple Moon Spawn
- Participate in International Zine Month
- Give Inktober a shot, even if I suck at drawing
- Participate in ZineWriMo
- Make at least three mini zines
- Make a new flyer for PMS Mess
- Contact new zinesters for trades
- If number 7 accomplished, make a zine-review zine about zines traded
- Reorganize my zine collection (and make sure to stack it up high enough so Little Miss Demolition Toddler won’t get at it)
- Set Monday as my zinestering day and fuck all other house chores and obligations
- Update and print my PMS Mess catalog for 2019 (preferably do this at the end of the year so that all my new zines and creations appear in it too)
- Revive my journaling flame and record accomplishments as they come
- Make another mini-zine with my daughter (a.k.a. Little Miss Demolition Toddler)
Tips for keeping a creative frame-of-mind:
- If feeling uninspired, reread “Overthrow the Status Quo” by Nyxia Grey – the most inspiring zine in the world if there ever was one!
- Light scented candles and keep them nearby
- Use every free moment at the office to draw/write something
- Turn off my goddamn phone
I may have more ideas flowing in soon, and if they do, I’ll add them in my journal and thus stick to the activity of number 12.
Wish me luck!
Peace, love and kickassery shall prevail!