The reason I’ve been absent from my blog for so long and the reason I was rather cryptic in one of my previous posts was that I was pregnant. That’s right! I now have a mini badass I call my daughter. I wrote a whole bunch of blogs I saved as drafts on my experience as a pregnant lady. These drats are now saved as journal entries in a digital diary I recently started keeping. They won’t be posted here.
I will say this though. Being pregnant and giving birth (I had a natural birth with no epidural) was the most empowering, most intense and most divine experience I’ve ever had. I feel so blessed that the goddess saw it fit to give me this body, this ability to create life and of course to bless me with this beautiful child. This child is a living breathing miracle and proof positive that the goddess does exist if I ever needed proof in the first place.
And besides that, if you thought I was a feminist before, holy fuck, you don’t know half of it now!
One of the drafts I wrote was a list of reasons why being pregnant totally rules. So here it is.
1. You get to be a total bitch to everyone and no one can call you on it.
2. You get to eat everything in sight, put on weight, and have your doctor tell you that’s a good thing.
3. You get to belittle everybody’s stupid little health issues by saying “Well, I’m pregnant, so shut the fuck up”.
4. You get to order people around and you know they’ll do whatever you tell them because whatever excuse they use to try and not do it, you can say “Well, I’m pregnant. So suck it up”.
5. You don’t get your period! You don’t need to go to the mikveh, and you can still fuck your partner any time you want.
6. You get to shop for maternity clothes.
7. You get big hooters!
8. You get to tell people that you’re God because you make people.
9. (If you’re like me and you hate alcohol) people will finally stop pushing drinks on you.
10. (If you’re like me and you hate cigarettes) people will stay away from you when they smoke, or avoid smoking altogether.
11. You get kicked on a regular basis and enjoy the hell out of it.
I am pretty busy these days with taking care of my kid but I really miss writing. So I’ll try to write posts more often. Just today I was thinking how awesome it is that I managed to accomplish so much. I did the dishes, had breakfast, did the dishes again, baked a cake, did another load of dishes, had lunch, dishes yet again, and folded a load of laundry. And still have time to write this post. I must say I have a pretty awesome kid. I mean seriously, this past Shabbat, we slept for 11 hours! Usually, parents never get that much sleep.
Peace, love and Ima Badass