I got back from my honeymoon last Saturday but haven’t had a chance to write a blog about it due to jet-lag coupled with end of the month duties at the office. But I don’t think I’ll write about the honeymoon just yet (even though it was beyond awesome!) because it is now July which means INTERNATIONAL ZINE MONTH!
I think that if I write a daily post of my activities this year as well, I rather do it on We Make Zines because I hardly sign on to it anymore. And what better time to sign on to We Make Zines on a regular basis than during IZM?
But like I did in 2013, the activities listed on the poster will have to be changed around a little to fit my interests and my schedule.
Below is the original poster, followed by my list and edits:
1) Top 10 list of reasons I love zines
2) Re-read my favorite zines
3) Order from Zine Distro
4) I’m from Israel. I ALWAYS read zines from countries other than mine, so this doesn’t apply to me. All activities move back one day so I’ll be organizing my zine collection that day.
5) Updating my ZineWiki posts is something I have trouble with. I think the links there are weird or whatever… So that day, I’ll “try” to update my ZineWiki
6) I’ll focus on postcard-making that day
7) Make flyers for my zine and my Etsy shop
8) I don’t want to write a letter to a zinester I don’t know. So I’ll write one to a zinester I recently met.
9) Send a care package to a friend. I know just what to send and to who.
10) Make some mail art: I’ll continue making postcards
11) Send zine out to be reviewed
12) Zine trade day: I think I’ll trade with my usual partners in zinestering
13) Leave zine in a public place
14) ValenZine’s day: I know who my zine crush will be this year!
15) Send zine to distro for consideration
16) Start 24-Hour Zine Thing
17) Finish 24-Hour Zine Thing
18) Review a zine: probably whatever zine I buy from the distro on July 3
19) The only quasi-zine shop in Jerusalem is Uganda and it’s just another left-wing bar which sucks ass. So on this day I’ll order from a new distro than normal
20) Free Zine day! I don’t know who will be the culprit this year though. I’ll have to figure it out.
21) International Zine Library Day: There are no zine libraries in Jerusalem, so I’ll just send my zine to one.
22) Since I already did the activity on the 21, I’ll do something else, maybe work on a new zine or design the photo album I’ve been planning to do in forever.
23) Instead of a one-page zine, I’ll make a new issue of End of Words, my post-its zine, which is just as small as a one-page zine
24) New skill, new skill… I’ll have to look online for a zine skill I don’t know so I could teach myself.
25) Zine event: My friend wants to have a crafternoon with a new zinester she met. Maybe that could be the zine event!
26) None of my family members are interested in learning about zines, so on that day I’ll just continue working on the zine I started on July 22.
27) Find a compilation zine to submit to.
28) Cook with a recipe from a zine
29) Post a photo of me with a zine
30) Meh, I’ll be reading zines the whole month, so on that day, I will move forward with the zine or photo album I mentioned before.
31) HallowZine: I will commemorate my old zine, Fallopian Falafel.
This month definitely sounds like fun! Follow my progress on my We Make Zines profile.
Peace, love and off to my activity!